In a recent article that I wrote for Light Reading called Manage Your Career Pace to Ensure Impact, I speak to some of the lessons I have learned in more than 25 years as a woman in tech.
The biggest lesson I’ve learned is the importance of being in charge of your career direction, trajectory and pace. Often women sit back and hope that their dedication, skill and hard work will be brought to the attention of company leaders and will be enough to help advance our career. However, that isn’t the case. We have to create a strategy and then work the process.
- How to Deal with the Negative Attitudes that Threaten Your Career
- What Will it Mean if You Say No?
- The Power of Words: Being Mindful
- Searching for Career Clarity and Direction
- How to Manage Career Fears
- You Are the Best Investment